A garage adds value to a home, whether to store cars or use as a workshop, storage area, or a home gym. But building a garage is a significant investment, and there are pros and cons to consider before getting started. Many homeowners find it difficult to decide whether to invest in a new garage or not. So, Sunset Builders, Inc. is giving you something to think about: the pros and cons of building a new garage.
- Protection From Elements: A garage protects your car from weather elements, such as extreme heat, heavy rain, and snow. This means that your car is less likely to suffer damage and will require fewer repairs in the long run.
- Increased Home Value: Building a garage adds value to your home, increasing its resale value and making it more attractive to potential buyers in the future.
- Extra Storage Space: A separate garage provides additional space for storage. You can save space in your house and garage for items such as bicycles, sporting equipment, tools, and lawn care equipment.
- Security: A garage can be a secure and safe place to store your car. Security features such as a quality garage door with a solid lock can help protect your car from theft.
- Cost: With any project, you must consider the cost of building a new structure. Garage size, location, and materials will all play a role in the cost of your new garage.
- Zoning and Building Codes: Before embarking on a garage construction project, research zoning and building codes to ensure you are building legally. Failing to follow codes and regulations can be costly, and you may be required to tear down the garage if it fails to meet local codes.
- Maintenance: A stand-alone garage requires more upkeep and maintenance. As it ages, a garage requires new windows, doors, and flooring. Just keep that in mind.
- Space and Land Availability: Space availability can be a challenge for construction, and some yards may not have enough flat space for a garage. So consider how much space you have to work with when considering a new garage.
Let the Construction Begin
Building a garage is a significant investment, and it is essential to consider the pros and cons before getting started. If you think a garage build is your next project to improve your home in Manchester, NH, let Sunset Builders, Inc. quote you. We’ve been constructing garages, custom homes, and home additions for residents for years. Call us today at (603) 533-7504, and let’s get started!